Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dear Dallas,


Some women's diamonds are bigger than others. Other women just throw the rule book out the window for their big day. So, look out Texans because two impressive designers will be rolling their trunks into the Neiman Marcus' Downtown Dallas location to showcase their Spring 2010 collections.

Monique Lhuillier will be on site September 25th & 26th. The designers gowns are always made for the woman looking for something different. Her spring collection is refreshingly soft, but her fall gowns are truly crowd pleasers. They have more detail, feathers, and volume than I ever knew I wanted. I've always considered myself pretty simple, but I've got to put one of those on my body. I can see why women rant over how spectacular she is. You can spot a Lhuillier gown for about a mile away and you definitely won't be forgotten. Isn't that what all brides want? She is a celebrity favorite, not only for her bridal, but also for her ready to wear designs.

Amsale (pronounced Ahm-Sah'-leh) will also be stopping by October 2nd and 3rd. Amsale is known for her elegant, simple and modern silhouettes. She designs a dress that any woman, with any taste, of any shape could put on and love. I personally love that she has created a little white dress collection. Many brides are switching out of their ball gowns and slipping into something smaller and a little more comfortable for their receptions. Plenty of brides are opting for the short dress altogether, which is a brilliant idea.

Designer Hellen O'Connor for Thurley also makes a beautiful little white dress. The designs are simple, usually shift dresses with lace and zero volume. Definitely for the bride that wants to be true to her taste. Thurley also has an array of other sweet dresses, check them out here.

I'll leave you with the pictured Monique Lhuillier gown. I had to disrupt my writing two or three times just to go back and look at them. They are simply that spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment