Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dear Boston,


I swung by H-E-B this afternoon in need of some serious ben & jerry's and ended up leaving with the most recent Brides Magazine to hit the racks. I was clearly in need of some inspiration, which has lead to my long overdue post. Besides, I found out people are actually reading this! (Sorry, I've left you hangin' since September.)

Things I love about Boston: clam chowder, sail boats, and Priscilla. With all of the wonderful photo shoots and articles my new magazine has to offer, the Pricilla of Boston ad stuck with me the most. There is a certain dress that I couldn't find online, but after doing some browsing of her twenty-eight pages of gowns, I discovered one thing.

Priscilla, you are talented.

I would love to say what the designer is all about, but the collections are so far reaching, I couldn't put one word to it. They would satisfy the tastes of minimalists, romantics, and the girl looking for some drama. She also has tons of adorable pocket dresses, short dresses, over-sized bows (those are mighty popular this year!), every fabric, in every cut, for every woman.

Even better, the price range is as broad as the collection; ranging from under 2,000 to over 5,000. Even in this economy, most ladies still aren't willing to give up the dream dress, so hooray for affordability!

My roommates and I could not be more different, and we could all spot a Priscilla dress we love in ten milliseconds.

Kate is the glamour girl. She will end up with a form-fitting, sassy number that flaunts those collarbones, and somehow find a way to ride a bicycle home in it. Leslie is simple in the most delightful way. She will find a cut that hugs that butt she works so hard to maintain and there won't be a rhinestone within 10 miles. I do so much dress dreaming, I have no clue what I'll end up with. But, as I always say, forget its a wedding dress, what looks good on you? The answer: always, always, always high-waisted. The rest is undetermined.

Bridesmaid dress basically translates to ugly and unflattering. So prove them wrong with Priscilla's bridesmaid line. They are simple and in every color. I know in 27 dresses, they make the joke that you can make it short and wear it again, but I really think it's true this time! Besides, half of them are short to start with.

Boston already had my heart, but Priscilla just won me over.

1 comment:

  1. Well thanks to my new adventures in the blog world I found out you have a blog. Blogging about what you love huh? Wedding dresses? I never would've thought....

    ReplyDelete